Trimble Nomad 1050 Rugged Handheld
Part Number: NMDBNY-111-00
Product SummaryThe Trimble Nomad 1050 Series rugged handheld computer packs functionality into one of the most powerful and full-featured rugged handheld computers available. The Nomad features an ultra-fast 1.0 GHz processor; 512MB RAM; 8GB onboard non-volatile NAND Flash storage; long-life, hot-swappable battery that can work all day without being recharged; and built-in Bluetooth® to establish cable-free connections to other Bluetooth devices that are within 10 meters. The Trimble Nomad also features a high-resolution, sunlight-visible VGA touchscreen display that presents graphics and maps in vivid detail. Take advantage of the customization possible with USB and Serial ports, SD slot, boots, caps, and integrated options. The Nomad 1050 even provides a choice of two keypads to provide the best possible workflow options for the field. Use it wearing gloves and still collect data and maintain datasets with speed and ease.
Optional Trimble Nomad 1050 configurations include optional WWAN and Wi-Fi for wireless connectivity, an integrated 1D/2D barcode imager with built-in capability to recognize and sort dozens of barcodes at once for efficient asset tracking, a 5MP digital camera with flash and geotag-enabled software to capture high resolution color images in the field with their precise locations stored, and an integrated GPS receiver for mapping and navigation applications. The Nomad 1050 boasts an advanced Trimble GPS antenna design which reads the full constellation of satellite signals plus SBAS. It gives 2-4 meter positional accuracy, with GPS acquisition in seconds, and works under thick canopy, in canyons or near tall buildings; ideal for both rural and urban data collection requirements.
The Nomad is a fully rugged handheld computer and meets demanding MIL-STD-810G military standards for drops, vibration, humidity, altitude, and temperature extremes. It also comes with an IP68 rating, meaning the Nomad handheld PC is completely sealed against dust, and can survive immersion in up to a meter of water for 240 minutes. With its many built-in capabilities, the Nomad rugged handheld makes it easy for workers to collect, maintain, save, and transmit data in the field!
Shop for Accessories
ReviewsRead user reviews of the Trimble Nomad handheld computer. To submit a review of the Trimble Nomad, please complete our brief Rugged Computer Survey.
- Outdoor rugged design complies with military standards (MIL-STD-810G and IP68) for drops, vibration, humidity, altitude, and temperature extremes
- Sunlight viewable touchscreen display presents graphics and maps in vivid detail
- Integrated wireless capabilities including 2-4 meter GPS, Wi-Fi, 3.75G dual-band GSM/CDMA connectivity, and Bluetooth
- 1D/2D barcode imaging, with built-in capability to recognize and sort dozens of barcodes at once
- Wi-Fi Alliance Certification to ensure interoperability with other WLAN products
- Autofocus 5MP camera with geotagging to capture color images in the field and store their locations
- 15-hour, hot-swappable Lithium-Ion battery to reduce downtime
- Choice of keypads and connectors (boots)
- Supports ten languages for deployments in countries around the world
- 12-month limited warranty
ArticlesTrimble Nomad 1050 Features and Specifications Sheet
Trimble Extended Warranty Program Frequently Asked Questions
Trimble White Paper: Defining Rugged
Trimble White Paper: The Right Handheld Computer for the Right Price